New Website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by IndustrialGreen, Jul 9, 2007.

1. IndustrialGreen

IndustrialGreen LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Got the website up and running, minus a couple of pictures in one section.
    Constructive comment and suggestions are welcome. It's beta right now, pending bugs and design improvements, it will be featured on all my printed stuff, and advertising.

This is a great site.

2. lawnboyCO

lawnboyCO LawnSite Member

What kind of costs are involved with something like this?
  3. IndustrialGreen

from SLC UT

I did it myself with yahoo site builder. I also did my own photographs. The cost was about 6hrs of my time, and the monthly yahoo hosting fee (about$12/mo). I have a background in photography, and know a little bit about design, but I'm not savy when it comes to web coding.
  4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

you need to re word the whole thing on park strips it sounds rude and amature. dont use the word rip try remove or modify. "a useless sucking nightmare" sounds like something i would say about my ex's not landscaping. just dosent sound very pro like
  5. IndustrialGreen

from SLC UT

Point taken. I'll soften it a bit, but I will keep using the word "rip" because there is a state campaign with allot of money behind it that is encouraging this, using the catch phrase "Rip Your Strip" so I am riding that PR, but I will soften up the rest.
    Thanks for the input.
  6. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

Industrial Green is a licensed and insured "LAWN" maintenance company....lawn sounds so much nicer than yard. As in, please stay off the lawn vs. Get outta my yard!
  7. IndustrialGreen

from SLC UT

I had originally started with "lawn" but felt that did not describe the light landscaping services. I do agree that "lawn" sounds better. How about "grounds maintenance company" Would that sound more refined, and encompass other services?
  8. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm no website expert so I'll say not bad:)

There are quite a few areas in the FAQ section which can be cleaned up grammatically.
  9. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

you need to fill in your meta tag info, title, keywords, etc....
    edit then page properties, I believe are the steps to open the box
  10. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

Also double click on your photos and label the pictures. Example of this would be landscaping; landscape design; lawn mowing; property maintenance, etc

I believe you can also get to your meta tag info a bit easier by right clicking on the page and then selecting page properties.