New Website!!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by fool32696, Sep 25, 2007.

1. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

After pricing out having a website professionally built I decided that I had more time than money so I did it myself. Please give me honest opinions and let me know what I should change. I'm nowhere near finished and have a lot of pictures and content to add. I also need suggestions on how to show up at the top on google/yahoo searches.
    Here it is:
  2. fool32696

I'm still making lots of changes and need to add more pictures, can anyone recommend any changes to make? Anyone know anything about search engine optimization?
  3. DGomez

DGomez LawnSite Member

I like your business logo, very professional and the website is coming along nicely as well
  4. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

try making the pics look more refined, it seems like they're missin something. I like to wording though, very professional
  5. WebMan

WebMan LawnSite Member
    from D/FW TX

You don't have an S.O.B.!
    (Giving away some of my stuff people pay to learn)
    Your home page:

"Central Florida Landscape Solutions offers a wide variety of
    services to handle all of your lawn and landscaping needs.
    We proudly serve Gainesville and the surrounding area. We
    specialize in residential and commercial lawn maintenance.
    CFLS also provides mowing services for large farms and
    acreage. "

Where's the S.O.B. ?

An SOB is a "Statement Of Benefit".
    You should be able to answer me with one statement if I ask "Why should I use you instead of any of the other companies in the phone book?"

It has to be ONE statement and you may have to think of the best way to word it for hours and refine it for months BUT it's the most important thing to have to "headline" your web site's landing (home) page. The above tells me about what you do and that you are "proud" (not really a good character trait to some people, OK in this instance, but always watch how you use words)

You don't tell me why I should use you or in one statement make me so interested I feel really curious to look through the rest of your web site. One thing you might want to consider is you mention on the "about" page that you are a recent graduate; so maybe your statement would include something about you being as qualified or maybe better than "old timers" because you know the latest in horticultural science (don't use such big words; but you get the idea).
    Maybe not, only YOU can figure out the SOB for your business. And it must be one sentence if possible (and if you can get it short enough you can use it in the phone book & your cards so you start to carry a "brand image" through all your marketing (another VERY important thing.

Just 2 cents worth, you asked....:waving:
  6. Kut N Edge

Kut N Edge LawnSite Member

Where is the site from? godaddy, yahoo, ??
  7. fool32696

I made the site with yahoo sitebuilder. Thanks for all of the suggestions webman. As soon as I get some time I'll start working on it.
  8. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Very clean, and I did like your wording. One of the things that irks me the most is when companies misspell words on their websites. . . Good job, and keep up the good work.
  9. Trkcat_Ga

Trkcat_Ga LawnSite Member

Not bad but I would add a little to the home page like a couple small graphics and a short Testimonial. I would also stop the contact us link on the home page from poping up in a different window.

Not to big on the black background for the entire site.

I would clean up the pictures in the gallery. They are a bit dull and the last one looks really bad. I would add a short description to the pictures and if possible have them pop up when clicked on to provide a larger image.

Good job on the site so far and Hope my 2 cents is some help
  10. CFLS

CFLS LawnSite Member

Just got my first lead generated solely through the site!!!! Looking for cleanup, mulch, and maintenance contract!