new website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by FlyMarines09, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Hey guys, I just wanted to my post the link to my new website. I jusdt made a couple weeks ago through Vista Print for $20/mo. Did all of the pages, layouts, and designs myself. I know its not perfect yet, and it's not done.

Any and all feedback is apprciated!

www.assuredlawnandlandscapes.com

2. SILVERSTREAK INC

SILVERSTREAK INC LawnSite Senior Member

looks really nice!

i wanna know how i can get my lawn cut for free haha, and also how i can get wood delivered to my house in PA for 150 a cord, so i can upsell it for 200!!

good luck w/everything

3. lol

Thanks for the feedback. Anything I should change or reword?

Should I put info in there about how exactly you can get your lawn cut for free? Or does that give potential clients a reason to call?

4. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

that is one long address

5. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Agreed ... and please resize that first image (0_0_0_0_322_322_csupload_1797962.png) on the main page (almost 300 KB .... yikes)

7. Danscapes

Danscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I used go daddy to build mine and they are only $8.99 a month, you are paying way to much.

8. WebMan

WebMan LawnSite Member
    from D/FW TX

Absolutely. Get a better domain name before you do anything else. That won't fit on a business card, truck sign or anything else worth a flip and it leaves WAY to much room for spelling errors. Remember 70-90% of your traffic will come from people seeing your signs, your domain name in your yellow page ad or your truck etc. That name just doesn't "work" for being "short", "catchy" and easy to remember"... the 3 main rules for a domain name.
    Don't forget, just ONE wrong letter and they go nowhere (and won't keep guessing) also you can still keep this one "pointed" to your site until it's year runs out; but get something better for your "main" address to keep for years.

9. thanks for the feedback. I didn't realize that the image was so big. I'll look into other layouts. I must say that I'm a little surprised at the negative responses, but I do appreciate the constructive critisism.

10. Team-Green, can you explain the validator to me a little more, I don't understand what the heck all that means...