New website!

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by lgyardservices, Jan 10, 2009.

1. lgyardservices

lgyardservices LawnSite Senior Member

hey everybody check out my new website that I have been designing the last couple days. I still have a lot to do obviously but let me know what you think of the start. It's only $10 a month for everything so it seems pretty good for me. I am definitely open for constructive criticism! :)

www.lgyardservices.com

2. cgll1135

cgll1135 LawnSite Member

Looks great!!! How much did intuit help you? What did you have to provide them? The reason I'm asking is I just bought Quikbooks 2009 and was thinking on using them.

3. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Sharp....I like it

4. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good, let us know when it's all finished up.

5. lgyardservices

lgyardservices LawnSite Senior Member

Intuit actually didnt help me at all. You just choose a template, my originated from a campground's website template, and then you just customize it. I completely redid it and made it look way different. But it's super easy! I know nothing about html but designing it was simple

6. SOONERS222

SOONERS222 LawnSite Member

nice house

7. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

Nice site. looks good. Make sure you use pictures of your OWN work. I'm sure once it gets up going to be real nice.

If you designed your site i'll contact you because I can sure use ya. Nice work

8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

That's what I was wondering ... if the pictures that he's represent his own work ??

9. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Looks attractive. but this is my thinking..... loose the narrative about what a treasured customer they will be , how you are going to a get a great job kiss their ass . Words are cheap and old folks can't read small text. I would just put points of service or stong selling points in large text & short sentences well spaced. that they can click on or link to get that service.
    Also put your name and city, and key words in the header not in a image so when they do a search and you come up.

Is that your picture with the stirpes your work and if it is what did you use, it looks good!.

10. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Not to be a critic, but when I first looked at the site my eyes got a tad out of perspective and I could've sworn it reminded me of a stretched photo. Is that house photo stretched to a wider format than the original image?