1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by elite lawns, Nov 26, 2009.

1. elite lawns

elite lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I paid good money so let me know what you think. and sorry i don't how to post a link that my i had to hire a company to build me a website elitelawnsok.com

Thank you

God Bless

2. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

The sounds whenever you click on the header is annoying, as well as the background music.

The text on the services page does line up properly under the headings

3. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

The link is:

elitelawnsok.com

You just use the button that looks like earth with one chain link on it to open the box to type your URL into.

I agree that the noise is annoying. Other than that, it looks good.

4. elite lawns

OK thanks for your in put

5. elite lawns

mdvaden thanks for the link

6. HostColor

HostColor LawnSite Member

I would suggest you to ask the designer to optimize the home page, beause there is vertical scroll on resolution with 728 height. The website definitely needs SEO optimizations (description and keywords). Text becomes underlined (mouse over) something that I find strange.

I also do not understand the decision to make the main menu flash. HAving it as a part of the flash movie will get you into some issues when you need to add new section or to redesign it. It is much better to have the menu as a part of the HTML structure of the website.

A part of those the website looks nice and I like it. BUT I strongly suggest you to consider some changes.

7. elite lawns

Thanks for the info i will run it past him

8. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

wow, lose the music, it was like a bad eighties soundtrack. other than that, i agree with whatever they said

9. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

What he said

10. Precedence

Precedence LawnSite Member

It's a nice looking site.

The sound is a bad idea, and the site doesn't validate properly so your website ranking will suffer on google (google cares about errors even if the page will still display properly).

Go here http://validator.w3.org/ to test the site.