New Website!

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by puffyhead929, Mar 20, 2010.

1. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

No I use Just Host, why did go daddy sent you a free form for that with all the codes?

2. puffyhead929

puffyhead929 LawnSite Member

They didn't send me a free form. I made the form in Adobe DreamWeaver when I built my site.

3. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

When I right click the image properties, its telling me that your home page photo is almost 5 megabytes in size.

Scaled apparently, but I'm pretty sure that someone's computer still has to download that massive file first to resize it.

Seems pretty gigantic for people with slow connections. That's too big of an image on a home page even if folks have faster connections.

Couldn't take more than about 5 minutes to edit the image and reload a smaller file.

:)

4. puffyhead929

I just updated the pictures again but the size didn't work so I am going to work on it

5. RodneyK

RodneyK LawnSite Senior Member

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday, grab these and upload. They are sized properly and compressed for web.

001.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

6. puffyhead929

Thanks RodneyK! It is now fixed

7. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

I would take pics of actual ornamental landscapes, not just striped lawns. Take some pics of mulch jobs and clean ups, not just grass.

8. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

I really like that lower left photo a lot.

It reminds me of a golf hole, like looking from the tee out to a fairway passing through trees.