New weed-wacker products

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2 Black Thumbs, Jun 26, 2002.

1. 2 Black Thumbs

2 Black Thumbs LawnSite Member

I am a newbe on your site and sorry if this is an old subjuct but I was wondering about all these new products that eleminate the plastic string that we use on our weed eaters. In my opinion they look like they are made for home-owners that use their trimmers once or twice a year. Just my opinon. Black thumbs.

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

3. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

Just stick with the string!!!! .095 respectively, the plastic blade type heads for the trimmer are pieces of junk

4. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

First, don't call them "Weed Wackers"....They are known as trimmers to most of us here....the more politically correct term if you will. I assume you are refering to those plastic blade attachments for trimmers? Most of us don't use them, but some do and hopefully they will see this and explain why they prefer them.

5. 2 Black Thumbs

2 Black Thumbs LawnSite Member

Thanks, Guys. gogetter, that thread was very informative and while blades do have their use on "trimmers" in some applications, it sounds like the vast majority prefer to stick with string, the larger the better, depending on the size of trimmer that's turning the head. BTY, yes, trimmers is the correct term.:blush: