New Weedeater Echo SRM 261T Awesome

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by louviljlj, Aug 11, 2006.

1. louviljlj

louviljlj LawnSite Member

Traded my old Echo in for a new SRM 261T High Torque W-Eater and all I can say is awesome. It says it has 50% more torque than the one I had and they aint lying it cuts anything you throw at it and edge details around beds quickly. Will get your forearm hot until you learn how to hold it. Good balance.
    [​IMG]

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Those 261's are heavy but they really pack a punch!

3. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

I bought one a few months ago.... I love it! Cuts at a good walking pace and each side of the spool are wound separately which helps with the line binding.
    A bit heavier, but worth it.

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Cool... glad you like it.

I'm guessing you are one of the types that edges with the trimmer upside-down though...
    Am I right.

I edge with the right side of the engine pointing at the ground.
    Needless to say, I don't care for Echo's triangle shaped handles.

5. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Heavy? These aren't heavy. Try holding a 4 stroke trimmer for a while.

6. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

I agree...the SRM-261T is not heavy at all compared to most 26 cc trimmers and the power/torque is unbelievable!

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Envy,
    I would be interested in how you concluded that he edges with the right side up? I thought everybody edged with right side up with all trimmers, guess I was wrong. What is the advantage of doing it your way?

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

You miss-read...

He said he edged with the 261 T and I had to assume he edges by turning the trimmer upside-down... literally... where the top of the trimmer (spark plug) is pointed at the ground.

I concluded this because I tried holding it as I would edge... right side of the engine pointed down. The triangle style loop handle is not laid out right for that, whereas the D shaped handles are.

So I figured he edged that way... ever seen guys do that? Flip the trimmer literally upside-down, aim the front of the head at the edge and hold the engine up like shoulder high or whatever to get the head angle straight up and down???.... I have and I've seen some that could do it well. In a way I wish I could too... as there are places I must do it this way and I'm not the best at it.

9. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

Man I do not need a stickedger at all, it is unfortunate that I am so stupid I never mentally went beyond lawn service. One good thing about it is I can edge, trimbushes, weedeat, cut hair, and do marshall arts with my T 270's and T 350 weedeaters. I end up being the gound man because the others are so slow on the ground going back to the truck for each tool I just put'em on the mower and blower and do just about all the ground work so I can be home at 2 rather than 5!

10. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Im not real happy with mine. I also have a 260s that that I use more often. Is it just mine that needs to have the choke played ( no pun intended) with everytime I start it?And seems to lose power for a few secs while trimming?