1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

:D
    Brought it home today.
    Lincoln Pro Mig 135 (amp) wire feed welder. Mainly using it with .035 flux core wire for now. It was $397 + tax at Lowe's. I'll post project pics as soon as I get my steel. I am still figuring this thing out. Any suggestions :confused:

mar14#78.jpg

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

get a good face shield, those don't offer any protection for the side of your face!!:blob2:

3. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Have a helmet already (with a headstrap). I guess that one will be for when people wanna watch.

4. vipermanz

that's what i do , i use a "nod" down helmet , if anybody is watching i give them the handheld one

5. vipermanz

also, if you haven't made the mistake yet, be carefull when you unwrap the wire, it will act like a spring!!

6. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

At least twice while setting it up and then again when the stupid wingnut got loose! Man that's agrivating! but I do love this thing, once you get the power and wire feed speed set correctly it lays a really nice weld. Looking forward to using it, have a few projects in mind for it...

7. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

The Wright Brothers and Ford Motor Company all stated out in a garage , now B H B , look out world , amazing creations will soon be posted , congrats .

8. vipermanz

that's an easy way to lose wire, i lost like 20 feet when i first tried it way back when!!!

9. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

you got it lawntek :angel:
    viper I took the spool off and untangled it and rewound it. Can't afford to cut it off LOL

10. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

LOL....I just did that exact thing tonight. Bought the 100HD from Home Depot. That wire is worse than a starter rope spring!!

ps...Im removing my avatar. I didnt realize you were already using it......:confused: