1. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

check it out guys :cool2: :cool2:

mvc-001s.jpg

2. rookiemower

friend selling this one for $1800 its nice practically brand new 49 hours on it told me he would give it to me for $1000 hobart with 20 hp onan engine 50ft cables

mvc-004s.jpg

3. rookiemower

i hate stick welders though ill stick with my miller 220 volt gas mig welder shes a beauty

4. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

FSM, I've been chomping at the bit trying to decide which welder might be best, in similar lines you purchased. Seeing you go with that one has probably made up my mind.

Curious- They make a 135Plus, I believe difference is it comes with the necessaries (besides tank) to do aluminum. Any idea if that's correct?

5. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Rustic Goat, I recommend the Hobart Handler 135 for mig welding on aluminum, it is a quality machine with the best customer support you could ever imagine!!!!!!!

6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Bill, the engine alone is worth that much on that welder! Have that same engine on a ’93 Wheel Horse tractor, over 950 hours no major problems. It has had a few things with the ignition system that’s about it (points, condenser and coil replaced) that’s all that has been done to it. A great engine and amazing thing is not a leak anywhere, the block and tractor frame is clean not all grimy like many other brand engines with that many hours on them. Good quality machines IMO.

Rustic Goat, I never heard of the Plus model. When I got mine there was no Plus model at Lowe’s lets put it that way. But that was a while back, like 10 months ago or so? Don’t know anything about the plus sorry. Again no problems with mine, I use it quite a bit. Love it :cool: Had a little 110V stick welder before this and when needed bigger capacity would go to neighbor’s and use his 220V Lincoln stick welder. My little stick welder was a POS waste of time. The neighbor’s 220V works pretty well though and that model is actually a good bit cheaper than my MIG was (I think that model of his is around $230 and mine was like $397). The stick would do fine but I had to get as much power as I could from 110V because we can’t get 220V to the garage. I have been very happy with the MIG and if I had my way I wouldn’t go to a stick if I didn’t have to but if I had to it would be OK I guess. Better than nothing LOL

Viper- do you even need customer support? I thought customer support was for when it breaks? Never had to talk to customer support with my Lincoln (never broken) so I wouldn’t know if they have good support or not. All I know is it’s worked flawlessly LOL. sorry for having a joke on you but its hard to resist.

7. vipermanz

hobart has the best welding message board set up with some of their experts, they haven't had a question yet go unanswered!!

Since they have been so nice to me, I figured i could at least recommend their product to someone.:)

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have seen them on sale at Harbor Freights for around $65.....not sure on the quality though. Probably good enough for the hobby welder.

9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Viper, oh that kind LOL I thought you meant like on phone when you have problems LOL

10. vipermanz

i hate talking to mfg's on the phone, you either get somebody stupid there or they think you are the stupid one...:rolleyes: