1. arkydog

arkydog LawnSite Member

In the autobody industry, to be certified as a welder on cars, the nationwide welding test is done with lincoln 110 welders sp135. used to be sp125, for the test. One reason being that they are infinitly variable. I have been certified for 8 years now and own a lincoln sp125 and a lincoln ac/dc stick welder both. after working in different shops and using all different kinds of welders, I would recomend eithe one of these welders.

just got done building a mini-backhoe andcouldn't have done it without a good welder.

sent backhoe.jpg
  2. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Very nice looking piece of equipment you built.
  3. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

arkydog how do you adjust side to side is there a small cylinder to swing it sideways

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

nice job :)
  5. Black Water

Black Water LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good. Nice job.:)
  6. arkydog

arkydog LawnSite Member

The boom swing cylinder is on the other side of the frame. Just can't see it from that angle. You can see the 2 hoses from the valve to the cylinder. It took alot of welding and at times I wish I would of had a 220volt 250amp mig welder, but there were times when I was welding outside and couldn't have used it. That why I bought the stick welder.
  7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

We have a Lincoln MIG like that at school, pretty neat little machine. We also have a huge ESAB Mig Master that is apparently so good, our shop teacher won't let us use it, only for him he says. Good luck with the new toy.