New wire?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by sbvfd592, Jun 26, 2006.

1. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

ok new to the hole irrigation thing i got a small job to put some dip in for a friend who origanal company was a disaster. valve boxes have no extra zones all put right in the dirt. but nmy question is if i put a new valve in do i need to run a wire for that zone???

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

If you have to ask that question, you aren't ready to do irrigation.

The proper order is:

1. Research
    2. Bid for Work

Not

1. Bid For Work
    2. Research

People like you keep our service teams busy.

3. Midlo Snow Maker

Midlo Snow Maker LawnSite Member

:laugh: he should win a speeling bee

4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Und u'd git the rinner-up trofy end id git thurd. :)

5. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Seriously... yes and no. You can always use doublers, decoders, battery operated controllers, etc. :rolleyes:

6. sbvfd592

thanks for the help............. not who said i bid the job and i am doing reserch i just thought i would ask here first wrong idea i now remeber why i dont bother looking here anymore.

7. sbvfd592

my friend said do it in this area sometimes you dont have to think about the $$$$$$$$$$$ some pepole just dont care when they know there education behind it

8. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I bet you would get better answers if your posts were readable.

My original post was that your question was either beyond "duh simple" or just plain missunderstood due to your poor writing skills.

If it your really asking that what I think you are then you have no business micky mousing some Git-R-Dun sprinkler system that gives reputable companies like us a bad name.

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

;) Sorry, dude. We don't speak fluent gibberish. :confused:

10. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

You won't have to run a new wire for that zone..the new valve will have two wires attached right to the top. you attach those two wires to the timer on it's own zone..One goes to the common ground..That all the other wires are attached to..usually white. The other is attached to the zone that is not being used(under a little screw)
    You will also need a drip filter, water pressure reguator for the drip hook up after the valve and before you start the dripline out.