New Wright Stander CUT Quality?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by delphied, Jun 8, 2007.

1. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I am a whisker away from buying a Wright Sentar Sport or Stander. I love everything after demo but I read now that the cut isnt all that great in different conditions. Im in Michigan and will side discharge fescue of various height and mostly thick lush lawns. Am I in for trouble with the Standers because cut quality is important for me?

2. outlaw1960

outlaw1960 LawnSite Senior Member
    from denver

I have the 36" rapid height, I did not like the cut with the standard (stock) blades. Changed to high-lifts and I am more than satisfied. Cut irrigated bluegrass 99% of the time, hth

3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

my 52" Stander cuts great.....

4. SpfdTurfMasters

SpfdTurfMasters LawnSite Member
    from MO

Do any of you guys know if the stander would be kinda awkward for a taller guy?? Im like 6'3' and I was wonding if I would have to be hunched over on it.

5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

My 52" 23hp cut awesome!!!!

6. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I am 6'2" .....no problem.....

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

If you got long arms you are ok...or sit on seat.

8. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

on the arms issue,most peoples hands are at about the same height. stand beside someone who is shorter than you and your fingers should be at about the same level.

9. mkirby

mkirby LawnSite Member

Yes I am very interested in 36 and 42 but can't seem to get a straight answer about mulching thick grass. One guys says great, others say there is blow out everywhere. I can't demo one since no dealer around here.

10. johnnywill08

johnnywill08 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA z6

with hi-lifts or superhilifts, they cut great- so-so with standards.... i own 2 (52&36).... 52 is 5 yrs old and cuts bette than ever with the hilifts....