New Wright Stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mosmgras, Sep 6, 2005.

1. mosmgras

mosmgras LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Anyone know where I can get some pics of the new Stander with the rapid height adjustment? I was on their site and noticed they are listing the Standers w/rapid height decks. No pictures though. Any thoughts?

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

They are sentar sports with the seat removed and taller controls.

John

3. Envision

Envision LawnSite Member

I saw one at a dealer the other day, and they are exactly as John says.

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well I had to rub my eyes and look twice, but yes, low and behold, Wright FINALLY updated their website a little. But anyways, they have the same picture up that I saw.

[​IMG]

5. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I finally got my stander/sentar sport information from Wright yesterday, about a month after requesting it. Nice brouchures. Too bad their website isn't as good. I wonder if they realize how much time and money they'd save just putting this info up on the website? Glossy color brouchures aren't cheap and many buyers have already acted before the brouchures arrive. I was ready to buy last month but now have decided I can make do till Spring.

They have a few funny lineup choices. Like you can get an RH stander with a 48" deck, but not on the sentar sport. And you cannot get the versatile 42" deck size in RH or sentar sport models.

Good to see they upped the blade speed on the 48's.

The brochure revealed a downside of the RH stander vs regular. The big battery case in between your feet.

It appears the RH adds about 2" in length, less than I expected. It'd come down to actual balance and traction issues, but the RH seems like a quantum leap in usefulness.

They now need to make the Velke mower with a RH deck and also with a 42" deck. I got the impression that people didn't buy them because dealers didn't stock them. Sometimes it's nice to have a 2 blade unit to handle tough tall stuff on larger lawns. I've found 2 blade machines handle some heavy Bermuda better also. Passing clippings from chamber to chamber can cause problems on the discharge side when it gets overwhelmed. They also fit through a few more 4' gates, which are common in my area.

A little put off at the cost-cutting measure of not covering labor after 1st year. Say a weld breaks....all the cost there is labor, not parts. A better warranty would tell me they're more confident in the product.

Does anyone think the Sentar Sport design would put less weight over the front wheels? I'm not up on the physics of how the weight from your seat would be distributred.

Finally, I have read a few comments concerning the potential of turf tearing with standers being higher. Is that just compared to wb's or is it the same as ZTRs? I have to baby my ZTR sometimes in turns and that can slow you down. It seems to me that the design would lend itself to great traction with all that weight directly over the drive wheels.