New XMark Bearing Question

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by lubricity, May 15, 2008.

1. lubricity

lubricity LawnSite Member

We just purchased a new Hydro unit. After servicing it on the Initial 10 check up. I noticed it does not have grease fittings for the blade bearings. This throws up red flags as to the longevity on these. We run long days of cutting. it is possible to be running our mowers 6, of an 8 hour day. I just don't see a sealed bearing lasting.
    Any one have 400 to 1000 hours on these?
  2. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

i have seen over 1000 hrs on those sealed bearings. make SURE you have a balanced blade.un balanced blades cause most of the spidle problems
  3. bojodunk

bojodunk LawnSite Member

the red flag is probley right those deck heads will last as long as there warrented
    when you rebuild them drill and tap put in your grease fitting and take off the inside
    seal on the top and bottom bearing install your done and it will last a lot longer than
    the factory junk (dont buy cheep bearings or grease)
  4. lubricity

lubricity LawnSite Member

X-acly what I was thinking. X-Mark said their warrenttee issues went away when they converted to the sealed bearings. Since most lawn people have little or no maintenance, I can see their point. We have not had a blade bearing failure in 6 years.
    Good grease and a rigorous PM schedule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!