1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New xr7 love it but!!!! leaving uncut grass

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by T-N-T, May 8, 2006.

1. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Can we get a pic. of what it looks like installed? Are these kits going to be installed on all the new machines that get shipped to the dealers?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I will get some pics posted in the next day or so.
    They are not being installed on mowers from the factory, we have found this to be a regional situation.

3. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I was told today we are working on the kit for your model.
    When it is available to ship I will post here, or you can e-mail me and I will e-mail you.

Pj

4. ITRY

ITRY LawnSite Member
    from KY

Thanks PJ!

5. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

ok thanks... what region is the problem being most found in? I demoed one and never had a problem with it and i was cutting 5"+ grass. I loved it and i am going to buy one!

6. Imow4u2

Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a super Z 25 Kaw with an XR7 60" Demo on my trailer right now.. I've put a little over 10 hours on this machine in various conditions.. I will say that I have not mowed an account yet that the "strip" has not showed up..

This is the only draw back I can find with this machine.. This unit has the flex forks installed, combined with the sus. seat it's the smoothest ride I've had.

I am sorry to hear that there is now a problem with the "66 Deck as that's what I'm after but my dealer did'nt have one.

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

The problem isn't nearly as pronounced on the 66". It's not as "crisp". It's a crisp flat-top 1 1/2" strip on the 60"....on the 66" it seemed to be a rounded layover of grass that pops back up. Also, on a 66" you can slow down and it disappears, while the 60" it's there at almost all speeds.

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Anyone with a demo, or that has tried a demo unit, or that owns a mower that is experiencing this, you need to run the mower with the update kit in it, and you will be amazed at the difference.

Pj

9. ITRY

ITRY LawnSite Member
    from KY

PJ,
    Is the update kit available yet for the trimstar 36"
    Thanks

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Not yet.
    I will ask tomorrow am to see where we are on it.

Pj