new yards in a day record

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EagleLandscape, Jul 3, 2004.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Yesterday a friend and I set a new records for yards done in one day (well for me atleast).

27 yards (mow,trim,edge,blow).
    1 one hour cleanup
    1 commercial property (takes us about 40 mins)
    and one thirty minute lunch break.

Hardest day I think I've ever worked in my life. Went to bed about 8:30pm, and slept till 9am this morning:) ALl this rain has killed us, so we just decided to knock out a bunch yesterday, off to finish the rest off right now.

2. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Fantastic job jwing. I do about 25 myself on every Monday if the rain does not get me. Keep up the good work.

3. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

one of my propertys had 1100 full size homes that we mowed every week!

sometimes they would be 2 days late on paying me tho!

4. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Damn, I can only do 11 lawns in 1 day..

thats 21" bagged...

I guess thats the area we are in!

5. Lawnmedics

Lawnmedics LawnSite Member

We have done 127 in one day plus 3 retention ponds. 91 one of them are in one park and the others are in another park down the road. There are three of us and we do these every Thursday. We mow, trim, edge, do the bushes, spray, and blow all of our accounts. We do about 80-90 the other days of the week.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

How big are they? They can't be much larger than my spare bedroom???

7. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Not that its a contest or anything, but I have often worked wide open from 6:00 AM until 1:00 AM (yes, 19 hours) and then started again at 6:00 AM the next day.

How do I work in the dark you must wonder....on those marathon days it has been mow, etc until dark and then fix/fuel/maintain equipment into the wee hours.

KB

PS Watch out don't let any TRAINS sneak up on you:confused:

8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i think its tough to compare on this site since everybody is from different areas and the size of lawns greatly varies. we have two maintenance crews and our record for one crew is 29 houses, which is with two 60 in. riders and a 52 in. walkbehind. most of our places are pretty large.

9. Lawnmedics

Lawnmedics LawnSite Member

Our lawns range from 1/8 acre to 1/2 acre. If your bedroom is that big you the man Rodfather.

10. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

Every yard is different. If you want to try to impress people get another company that will do the exact same yards then post the results.
    But, if you make yourself feel better by stating records that mean absolutely nothing to the rest of us, go for it.
    By the way, I have 1 account that takes us 2.5 days to complete and I get $1150.00 to do it. Is that a record? Who the heck knows. I don't care and no one else does either.