New Yazoo/kees - Toro ?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by $blingstar$, May 31, 2006.

1. $blingstar$

$blingstar$ LawnSite Member

:confused: anyone know anything about these ?:cry:

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah... they are both RED... but that's about the extent of the likeness...

After owning Yazoo/Kees equipment I now avoid them like the plague.
    Red death... lol...

Anyways, no question at all... Toro is the far superior choice between the two.

3. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

In my opinion both are good mowers.

We have 2 Yazoo-Kees Mid Max mowers with a 52" cut and they do a great job. They also are one of the best stiping mowers we have ever used. Whatever rider you buy, get the suspension seat! It makes a ton of difference on your back in the long run! The suspension seats on the Yazoo Kees were only $99 if you bought them with the machine...a no brainer!

4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

There is a good reason Toro/Exmark are #1 in sales and satisfaction, not that there isn't alot of good mowers out there.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, if a man gets ahold of a good one by chance, and has a great dealer who is well supported by a great distibutor it might me alright so long as nothing breaks under warranty or the dealer is willing to eat it to keep a customer happy.

I'd like to see someone buy out that whole commercial equipment umbrella from Electrolux. Yazoo/Kees-Husqvarna, Blue Bird, ect.

There is some potential there. But as it is now, I have found this is not a product or company you can rely on for business equipment if you want to make a living.

6. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Envy,

It sounds like you got burned. However, overall Yazoo/Kees seems to be a very decent company and has taken care of me and several other LCO's in my area with no problems.

They make some really nice equipment and I would put the quality of cut up against any other. It's a shame that you had a bad experience but I think that it was an isolated incident.

7. bmw5085

bmw5085 LawnSite Member

personally i would go with toro. Ive never used a toro but im not impressed with yazoo's new line of mowers at all. Ive had 2 yazoo 61 max2 and they were great mowers. I never had a problem with them and didnt trade them in till almost 3000hrs. they cut real nice and the pricing on them was real fair. now that the max 2 isnt being made anymore im done with the brand. the max3 looks ok but im not a fan of the whole new deck design. also there other new models look half commercial. one of my old bosses back in the day had a 48 mid max. the mid max was a very reliable mower but didnt spread grass good. the mid max definitly wasnt built like a full commercial mower though. yazoo walk behinds are also reliable. I liked the max2 because it was one of the only mowers where the seat is set real low which makes you feel like you are sitting in the mower almost. also the wide wheel base and low center of gravity made them real good on hills. Ive also heard that it has been real hard for mechanics to get parts for yazoo's now. ide back up the max 2 any day since i never had any problems with mine but yazoo seems to have made there new line of mowers cheap. Ive moved on and im not looking back. RIP max2. good luck staying in buisness with ur new line of shitty mowers yazoo.. go toro all the way!

8. mowandblow1980

mowandblow1980 LawnSite Member

I thought Husquvarna discontinued the Yazoo brand. Thought I read it in one of the trade magazines. They want to focus on the other brands.

9. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

It appears you are correct sir:

“The decision to discontinue the Yazoo|Kees brand is part of our brand rationalization strategy within the Husqvarna Group,” says John Marchionda, Vice President of Marketing, Husqvarna. Husqvarna will continue to produce similar products under both the Dixon and Husqvarna brands.

http://www.yazookees.com/node4073.aspx?_newsid=19812

10. bmw5085

bmw5085 LawnSite Member

That was a good decision for huskvarna to discontinue yazoo.. it waa obvious with the last line if mowers they didn't seem to care abo the brand anymore.. I also think huskvarna should have done it a while ago.. when I got max 2's cuz my dealer carried them a couple years ago I liked the model a lot but noticed huskvarna made the same evact mower but I'm Orange.. there was nothing different in the design besides mabye diff spindles ext.. but the huskvarna was a lot more expensive n I didn't notice anything diff the the two.. hopefully huskv is planning on having all the old yazoo dealers carry them now.. I don't know many dealers around my area who carry them.. I also havnt heard much abo the mowers but I've heard good things abo their other products.. I guess that explains y I was hearing it was hard to get parts for yazoos also..
    Posted via Mobile Device