New Year, time for a new website.

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by KrayzKajun, Jan 1, 2013.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Decided to help with my big spring direct mail campaign, Im going to launch a new website for my landscape company with a more simple/direct domain name. My current domain for the landscape company is onekrayzeekajun.com. Its a little long and hard to remember. Thinking of making the new domain kajunlandscape.com, and use the emails as info@kajunlandscape, jacob@kajunlandscape. Ive decided to go with kajunflood.com for the new company. That way when people do a search for either company both sites will come up.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

yup. Need to get my new computer finished up then on to the websites.
    I too am looking at a name change.... so new websites are in order and I need to get on a logo too.

happy new year

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Kajun, I definitely like the idea of shortening to kajunlandscape.com or kajunlandscaping.com

If you use GoDaddy, here's a 1st year 99 cent promo code. Expires 1/3. I've had luck using it for up to 3 domains. CJC99D

4. bolc5150

bolc5150 LawnSite Member

Kajun, my web guy just put me onto the domain email. Getting away from my cable provider email..yuk and sluggish.. Good luck with the site. This past year my website almost doubled my business. Internet can help the lawn and landscapers. Happy New Year..

5. KrayzKajun

Should i go back with yahoo for my hosting, like i have now or try godaddy.com
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

What are your site building plans? If you plan on using their site building tools, gun to head, I would go with Yahoo. If you are building a site and just plan on using it for hosting, I would just choose none of the above and find a good, solid company that focuses on hosting.

For what it's worth, your current Yahoo-hosted site's IP address has 884 other domains on it. GoDaddy-wise, last night I was looking at a Lawnsite member's WordPress site that was running extremely slow. In looking at his IP, it had 768 other sites on it. This issue opens the door for any number of sites to impact your site's performance and black-listing potential.

7. KrayzKajun

I was plan on using yahoos site builder. I guess im leaning that way since i know how to operate their system.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I think you are a good guy.

I would be happy to set up a drupal site for you but I am not going to add content or manage it. Trust me, it is not an easy site to manage but worth the trouble.

Your choice.

Tony asked me once if I liked hunting squirrel with a rocket launcher. Drupal is a serious CMS :waving:

9. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

Check out Squarespace. If you can use Yahoo you will figure it out fast. Great support. Pretty good for a site builder. It isn't holding my SEO back much- and I am in a pretty competitive market.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. clayslandscape

clayslandscape LawnSite Senior Member