New year's weekend blizzard

Discussion in '<a href= target=_blank ?>Sn' started by senor plow, Dec 27, 2000.

1. senor plow

senor plow LawnSite Member

Anyone have any new news on this weekend's possible snow storm for the northeast, especially eastern massachusetts?

I want to take the plow out for the first real time this winter
  2. HandyHaver

HandyHaver LawnSite Member

so far it looks like it's heading our way. Nobodys saying how much we're gonna get. If it tracks the way the are showing, we may be in for "ALOT" of snow. I also wanted to drop the blade on some real snow. My first real year out. Was kinda hopin for a modest & profitable first snow fall, but I'll try to be ready for whatever comes our way. I have a honda single stage blower for the walks but if they keep predicting "ALOT" I may have to invest in a 2 stage. Looked at a craftsman 5hp 24" 2 stage today, $750.00 ready to go. Would be worth it if we get hammered, just have to wait & see.

3. JCurtis

JCurtis LawnSite Senior Member

Senor Plow,

Its heading our way, and from what I have heard so far, if it tracks just right and slows down enough, eastern mass could get buried with at least 8 inches maybe more.

weather underground and and millenium weather are good websites.

[Edited by JCurtis on 12-27-2000 at 11:07 PM]
  4. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

5. Dusty

Dusty LawnSite Member

Here is a program that you can put on your computer for the weather and it resides on the bottom tool bar of your screen. It is "live" reporting for the town you program it to and it is free. I have found that it is very accurate and that when there is a weather alert, the computer puts out a warning tone to bring it to your attention.

6. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Hey Dusty....great site...I just downloaded it...Thanks!!
  7. rats5656

rats5656 LawnSite Member

thanks it very cool
  8. Psyclopse

Psyclopse LawnSite Member
    from In

Thanks for that link, the Weather Bug is a must-have.