New York State Turfgrass show

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by James Cormier, Oct 23, 2004.

1. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Anyone going? Its Nov 16-18 in Rochester. Has anyone been before? Was it good? www.nysta.org

Im plan on attending more shows in future, Its been a few years since I went to any. I got family near Rochester, so I could make this one work/family trip.

Let me know what you you all think. I know theres a lot from Ohio here, and around that area that maybe able to attend. We could all meet up and have our own little conference.

2. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

James
    I went 2 years in a row back in 98-99 when it was in Syracuse. I learned a lot. They have some good seminars with top guys in that particular field (e.g. sports turf). The EXPO part was huge. I never purchased anything but it was good to see what was coming out for the upcoming year. Also, the after seminar activities are good as well, a lot of reps from Dow, Syngenta etc usually hit the bar scene and are more than willing to have you pick their brains. PM me if you want more info.

3. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

James, Would sure like to go but not sure I'll get fiinished up by then. Will know closer to that time, maybe Rob will be able to, I know he's planning for GIE. Maybe early December you can hit the Ohio Turfgrass show.

4. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

yeah mark thats my problems as well, Most likely I will be right in the middle of rd 5 ( just started 5 last week ) and not beable to give up two weekdays in a row.

Isnt GIE in November as well, I will do a search to find out when it is, That is one show I would like to go to.

I will be at New England Grows this year if you or any of you midwesterners wanna come to boston in Feburary, What a lovely time of year to visit :p

The one thing I loved about Trugreen ( only thing ) was there mid winter meetings in Tampa, There must be a show down there we all could hook up at? Maybe ric could chime in?

5. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

James, yeah maybe I'll be up in February so we can take one of those duck tours, lolol! Hopefully I'll be that way either at thanksgiving or christmas, not sure yet