new young landscaper from texas

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by texaslandscaper, Mar 21, 2006.

1. texaslandscaper

texaslandscaper LawnSite Member

I am 22 years old and just started a landscaping business in my hometown.
    Were i live people are not use to paying well for such services because we have lots of people with drug problems that will cut your lawn and lots of other services for literaly 5 dollars. There is only one other oficial landscaping service here in town but, i think they do a sloppy job. And then you have the old low ballers that spend all summer listening to the radio for customers who need lawn care. These old timers dont even need the money but they enjoy being outdoors and pocketing tax free dollars. They usualy have many word of mouth clients but they dont go thru the ligit standards of regular bussiness. I live in an area of constent drought mostly dessert terrain. Considering the above what would anybody recomend for me to succeed in such a competitive market

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Have you considered moving to an area where people do pay for the service you want to sell?

Re read your post and answer it yourself. It seems obvious to me?
  3. soccer911

soccer911 LawnSite Member

Come on down the road a bit Ft. Worth. We have around 4,000,000 people in the metroplex, pick a spot.
  4. gce_ent

gce_ent LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Shoot if you ask some people on this board they will tell you to rat out the ole timers for dodging the IRS and send them to jail. Then you could get all of their business. Make sure you report 100% though:rolleyes: Then all you have to worry about are the crack heads. Put something bad in their suplly then it would be your market alone! :cool2: