New Z Owner

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jimmyj810, Jul 14, 2004.

1. jimmyj810

jimmyj810 LawnSite Member

Took delivery of a new Z, 24 HP Honda, 60" cut yesterday. All I can say is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I was supposed to get a 52" Super Z, but there were problems from the distributor so I settled for the bigger cut Z. The wife got home from work and took over the mowing and I was surprised how quickly she caught on. I have a couple of questions:
    1.Is there an equivalent NAPA or Fram oil filter number? I have the 24 HP Honda engine.
    2.Is there an equivalent NAPA hydraulic filter number?
    3. Are the belts an industry standard number?
    There is a "Belt Warehouse" here in my area and I can save about 50% on the cost.
    I am not really trying to cut the dealer out all together, but I am about 50 miles from him and it would be a lot easier if I could get the filters locally.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Congrats on the new mower!
    I am sure there are some people here that will have the cross reference info you are looking for.

Pj

3. jimmyj810

jimmyj810 LawnSite Member

Just for everyone's info, if you need an operators manual or parts breakdown on a Z model, go to WWW.Landpride.com and look at their website. Hustler makes their mowers and they have a pretty good set up on both their parts and operation manual. It could help in a pinch until Hustler gets theirs' on line. I have also noticed that several of the people who share info on the computer also live a goodly distance from their dealer. I found a lawnmower parts dealer in Plano, Texas who seems to have a good stock of parts such as air, oil, and hydraulic filters. Do a Google search and it shoud list them. They have a good set up to buy over the internet.
    Lawnmower Man, Excel should consider setting up an internet purchase site for those of us who do not have a dealer close by. You would not have to undercut the dealer's prices, just be competitive. It sure would build good customer relations. I know a lot of dealers who would not mind knowing parts were available and they would not have to carry so much inventory. Just a suggestion.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The landpride models are only in the Z and FasTrak, not the Super models.
    Also the part #'s do not cross at a Hustler dealer.

Hustler Turf Equipment will not sell parts direct to the end user, now or in the future.
    We will only sell equipment and parts through authorized dealers.

Pj