New Z Spray Junior

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by EVM, Jul 13, 2009.

1. EVM

EVM LawnSite Senior Member

I got my new Z Spray Junior on Friday and boy is this a sweet unit. I will never miss another day of dragging a hose or sporting/shaking a back pack sprayer in 90 degree weather again. It was funny the first time I sprayed with the machine. I sprayed a 6K house looked back at the house after I was done and realized; I had no sweat pouring down my face, there was no hose to drag back and reel in, no kinks, no snags, no big sweaty rubber gloves, and yeah the house was actually finished. Then I drove down the street on my Z and sprayed two more houses minus the hose. I think it would have taken me the better part of 1 1/2 to 2 hours (pulling the hose in moving the truck) to spray those houses. I did it with the Z in 20 minutes and I am a rookie on that machine. Not to mention the time NOT wasted putting water in the skid tank.

I had the awesome people over at LT Rich build me a custom Z with an additional pump on the auxiliary tank (going to put a pump on the other auxiliary tank also for spraying shrubs). One of the specialty tanks is run to the boom where it has its own two nozzles. Giving me the ability to simultaneously spot spray herbicide @ 1/3 gallon per K as I blanket spray fungicide out of the 8 foot boom at 1 gallon per K. I was able to get a momentary switch on the speed bar for using the specialty tank.

It was a great experience buying the machine from LT Rich. Willy was really helpful with telling/showing/demoing how to operate the machine effectively. Andy was great with understanding my needs on the machine and building the machine to suit my needs. Every time I had a question and called LT or Willy they always answered the phone, EVEN ON SUNDAY.

I do not have any pics of the unit yet but I will post them soon. The Z Spray is one beasty unit.

2. nighthawk117

nighthawk117 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

You wrote all that and you didnt post any pics?? Shame on you :nono: :)

3. EVM

Oh I forgot, my legs were dry instead of all sweaty from wearing protective leg gear over the top of my regular pants.

Pics coming this week, i phone camera stinks.

4. nighthawk117

nighthawk117 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Gotta love the Z , no more :walking:.

5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

EVM,

Glad you like!

The guys at LT Rich are top notch! Their customer service is almost better then their near perfect unit!

Thought you were going with the T after reading Rayholio's review?

Looking foreword to your custom unit pics!

6. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Good luck with your new z cant wait to see the photos
    So did you switch to granular product now great move on your part
    Charles Cue

7. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

EVM - Congrats buddy, quality ride-on's are the way to go.

Questions: Does the "eight foot boom" ever pose issues regarding small lawns w/ornamentals? How 'bout narrow areas? On slopes, do you go back & forth or up & down? How does it perform on wet grass w/slopes? How fast do you go while spreading & spraying? Does it have a faster "transport speed"? How easy is it to operate the deflector shield? Does it have a spot spray wand, or do you use a hose reel with a lawn gun? How do you transport this unit? rscvp, Thanks. :usflag:

8. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

He got it on Friday. Give the guy some time.

9. EVM

I was looking at both machines and the bottom line was.....
    For the money, the Z just can't be beat, the Z is much more flexible for my needs. I can have three different tank mixes on the actual unit "Just like you". I do not have to worry about cleaning tanks because now I have a dedicated tank right on the machine for spraying trees & shrubs. I don't like wasting time doing things like cleaning tanks etc.

I was spreading granule today with out breaking a sweat, the machine is so nice.

10. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Totally agree! :clapping: