new z-spray? transportation

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by sterlingmanager, Feb 25, 2009.

1. sterlingmanager

sterlingmanager LawnSite Member

We got our brand new z-spray junior yesterday and we are discussing how to safely and reliably transport this into the field. I would like suggestions and pictures of your set-ups and any tips and advice would be great.

2. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm getting mine in a few hours, and I MAY be pondoring the same question...

I have a lift gate on my box truck.. but What to do if it's not wide enough for the Z?? Hmm..

3. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Most guys I know spray AND mow. Use the trailer!! You can load easily and still have plenty of space for fert bags, etc. We use Fastraps to keep it in place. They work great!! Link to the straps:
    http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/...=200052674&cm_ven=TL&cm_pla=DF&cm_ite=trailer
    If anyone knows of a cheaper place to buy them let me know.

We'll post some pics once we goet started of the truck, trailer, Z-Sprays.

Buddy

4. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

The 60" side door allows pallets to be loaded directly into the side. In and out of the supplier in less than 10 minutes.

DSC00042.jpg

5. Tscape

Also, I don't use tie downs. I use E-track to hold a 2x8 across the front wheels (triangulated with ratchet straps further back on the e-track hooked to eye bolts on the 2x8). The pans on the back of the Z are right up gainst the rear door. The machine never moves.

6. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have pictures of this?

We just bought our first enclosed trailer, after 10 years of open trailers. I'm trying to come up with something other then the Fastraps to secure the mowers. We have had alot of problems with the Fastraps.

7. dead_weeds

dead_weeds LawnSite Member

I put mine on a lawn trailer. I never strap it down, it won't go anywhere 'cuz it's got the hydro system and that is like locking the brakes up.

8. Volman

Volman LawnSite Member
    from West Tn

Use cargo trailer with just the brakes on the z-spray. Stays put pretty good as long as you drive reasonable. If you get in a hurry it will bounce around a little. Cargo works great. weather proof, good storage for materals, good advertising, & a law that you must be able to lock up you chemicals in TN

9. Tscape

Here is what I was describing. A picture truly is worth a thousand words. Here's 2000 words worth.

zspraytrailerpic.JPG

zspraytrailerpic2.JPG

10. Tscape

Side view of the trailer, now lettered.

trailerpic.jpg