1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

!!!!!!!New ZD 331 72" !!!!!!!!!! update

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toad, May 5, 2007.

1. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

Well thanks for all the great info guys! Been searchin and reading for weeks about the new Kubotas. Sealed the deal yesterday. Zd 331 72"

After just a short few hrs on the zd I have come to the conclusion that this is an unbelievable machine. I had nkow idea a ztr could perform like this thing does. The ride is great, cut is awsome, power is out of this world!

The very first lawn I mowed , was a lawn that took me 3hrs with the cub m60. I beat that by 1.5hrs, Believe it or knot i dont care its true. I was LOL using this thing yesterday, still cant believe it. Mow at full speed if you want , the diesiel engine has more than enough power. I was cutting 4" growth at full speed and the engine rpm did not change much at all.
    Cut quality was my bigest concernes, so I was happy to see that the cut is awsome . It even seems to stripe pretty good without a stripper even on.
    Hydro is also smooth , quiet and responsive.
    So far I am happy with my choice. More to come im sure. Toad OUT
  2. prosperity

prosperity LawnSite Member

Thanks for sharing -

I am in pre-shopping mode for a diesel probably for next year. My Deere 727A is the only gas engine I have right now (except for trimmers etc), and will be upgrading to a 60" diesel.
    The only problem for me is the Kubota dealer is 70 miles round trip in the wrong direction - hope that I don't have any problems with that...

Unless Deere comes out with a smaller diesel than their 797, the only other choice in my area for a commercial Z is Kubota.
  3. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

The Deere 997's are unbelievable machines! I highly recommend a 997 Diesel to you, the price is hefty but well worth it!
  4. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

That is a wonderful engine, possibly the best in it's class with the best fuel economy.

You see why I like speed, because of my big open areas. You are running in the 10mph range, can you imagine how much I am able to cut at 15mph, it amazes me even when I do it time and time again.

That is a top of the line mower you bought, what is the going price for one?
  5. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

Is it a 33 horsepower engine? Fuel economy is good? What kind of price are we looking at? Is is a 72 inch deck.? Thanks, Eric
  6. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

"TOAD" bought this mower I didn't, he will respond.
  7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I have the same mower as Toad, a ZD331 / 72" deck.

I was going to check the fuel economy today, since we had four schools to mow.

Notice I'm typing with "was" and "had".

Water pump went out at 15 hours.

Yep, 15 hours.

Anyways, had the same issue with a ZD28 later year at 300 hours. Dropped the water pump.

Anyways, ended up taking it to the shop, where it'll sit now until Monday before someone looks at it. Should have it back Tuesday afternoon once they overnight a waterpump in for it.
  8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

The Pics man Where's the pics?
  9. Toad

Got mine for $12,500, what machine do you have that goes 15mph?thats crazy fast!
  10. Toad

Not shure on fuel econemy yet, engine is 31hp. 72 " deck