New ZRT

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobac, Jun 30, 2003.

1. bobac

bobac LawnSite Member

I am in the market for a new zrt i really like the scag turf tiger. I like that they have a drive shaft that goes to the deck, unlike exmark which has a long drive belt. Scag seems to be more heavy duty and built to last. I would like to hear from some poeple that have experience with them.

I am aslo looking a Exmark Lazer Z liquid cooled. The thing i like about exmark is that it seems to lay better stripes. Have any of you guys ever had both. What are some pros and cons to each model.

2. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

When i was in a partnership with my brothers we had a lazer and a turf tiger.

The turf tiger we had was one of the infamous 1999 modal year that had the pump and wheel motor problems , mower drive shaft problems.

These problems or at least from reading many posts on here have been addressed by scag last couple of seasons.

Quaility of cut on THE ONE we had was not near as good as the lazer z or the lazer z hp we had. The one we had was the 61 inch turf tiger with lc engine poor cut and wouldnt stripe a lick without some sort of stripeing roller or chains.
    So probably my opinion is a little more tainted then somebody with a newer design turf tiger

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

All I can say is...

newlazer.jpg

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I Just Got off a 2003 New frame tiger, Not impressed, Went Back to Dealer In 20 Minuets.
    John
    Oh Will Have Pics Tomorrow If Needed.

smaller 664.jpg

5. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

bobac,
    I have a Scag Turf Tiger and they are awesome. Mine now has over 1850 hours. Only thing that went on it was the electric clutch at 1,650 hrs. and the deck belt I changed at that time also (but didn't brake, worn half way), and the idle pulley on deck at 1,080 hrs with old style (new style has two bearings), All other parts are original, though Hydro pumps getting little weak. The newer machines has lower center of gravity, the easiest deck to lift up, double frame in front, and now has 16 CC hydro pumps compared to other companies 10 CC hydros pumps, with a cooler. The drive shaft is nice to have, and I never had problem with it and the motor is a lot easier to work on that others. Also Scag uses thicker metal to built ther machines, though Ferris tops them. If you get one, get the Kawi. 29 HP DFI. Next year I will be getting one also due to to many hours on mine.

Rob

6. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Also forgot to mention the Tiger gives best cut in my opinion and disperses clipping like no other, with no clumps.

7. jaredslawncare

jaredslawncare LawnSite Member

I was just curious, what is a ZRT??

8. John Gamba

from ct

THIS, The tiger I Just Returned Clumped And i Live in CT.
    John

lazer resized.jpg

9. Piedmont Lawn

Piedmont Lawn LawnSite Member

John,

Thats the new Turf Tiger :dizzy:

Looks just like an eXmark if you ask me :p

Later
    Kelly

10. John Gamba

from ct

Kelly I Returned The DEMO tiger. Just Doesn't Cut the same.
    John

smaller 664.jpg