New ZTR mower options.. advice plz..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S L C, Mar 10, 2008.

1. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, I live in a area that is flooded with JD, also have a Cub Cadet dealer in town and also a Toro dealer about 15 miles away with others in farther distances obviously!

My question is, what brand model would some of you recommend and also what engine would be best for me? I am getting a 60" no matter what, mower will only be used for cutting, no spring/fall cleanups... it will simply be my timesaver mower and I will use my somewhat older JD 345 tractor style for the 'dirty' work....

Comments/suggestions welcome...... financing options (zero pmts. for extended months will be welcome considering my situation $$) are to be considered part of the equation as well!! I know JD and Toro have pretty good names for themself, anyone out there run a CC Tank 60" cut? Cut quality? Would it be wise to save a few dollars going that route?

Honestly, any advice would be greatly appreciated in advance!!!!! :clapping::clapping:

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

JD or cub you cant go wrong either way. Cub has a 0% for 36 months deal going on if your credit is good enough. The M60 is a great machine and it has a very nice cut quality. JD is offering 4.9% apr right now. Honestly it comes down to your local dealer. Which one is better? Also consider a Gravely 160Z or 260Z if you have a dealer with in reason. They are offering 0 payments and 0% intrest for 6 months then 1.9% for 36 months after the initial 6 months.

3. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks ProStreet....... can't wait to hear others opinions as well!!! :waving::waving::waving::waving::waving:

4. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd go with a cub cadet.

They were really good to me when My unit needed to be returned and given a new one.

5. ProStreetCamaro

Your welcome. Another thing to consider is JD dealers are supposed to have demo units on hand and they will also give you a loaner should your machine break down. They will also come and pick yours up and drop off the loaner up to 20 miles from there shop and vice versa.

6. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

Unless your in to spending thousands more for the same end result I would go with the Cub. I mean I love John Deere , but the one area they cant compete in is the cost!!!!!!

7. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

The only folks that I know that ran the Tank is the City of Paris. I know they abuse a little more than us, but they have had many issues with the ones they have. They said they would never purchase one again. Deere is not very popular around here, they just don't take care of anyone. We do most of the service work on the Deere's even when they are under warranty, the owners still bring them to our shop and pay because it takes so long at the dealer. Just make sure the deere place there takes care of you and doesn't charge $90 minimum just to look at your machine. (the $90 bucks goes for weedeaters, chainsaw's, etc...lol). I would personally tell you to look at a more commercial friendly machine.

8. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Yet another question? What should I do???????????

9. ProStreetCamaro

You cant really go by that. My friend is in charge of maintenance of all the schools in this area. He is also in charge of purchasing equipment. They bought 5 big lazers a couple years ago and he told us they have had tons of problems with them and we all know exmark lazers are quality machines. Nothing will last if it is abused to death.

10. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd go with the TANK...good machine and had NO problems with mine(4 years)