1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New ZTR.. Need Help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jathames, May 19, 2008.

1. jathames

jathames LawnSite Member

Alright guys after finally narrowing everything down for the last time here is what I have and the pricing. Your help and opinions would be appreciated. Exmark ZHP 19 kawi 46 inch deck out the door $6600, Scag Tiger cub 19 kawi 48 inch deck out the door $ 7400, Toro Zmaster z400 21 Kawi 48 inch deck out the door $ 6220.. Thanks..

2. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i love the exmark, but all 3 are great mowers. go w/ the dealer that your most comfortable w/. that toro sounds like the best deal though, less $$$$ and more hp. cant go wrong w/ any of these choices though. unless you buy from a PITA dealer.
  3. jathames

jathames LawnSite Member

any help on this
  4. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

man that tiger cub is way too expensive they have that price marked like 900 dollars too steep. Is that with a bagger and a mulch kit. The exmark is a good buy and the toro has not had good reviews with that 7 gauge deck. I wish the scag was cheaper because that is the best out of the bunch. Dealer support is the most important thing.
  5. Saltydawg

Saltydawg LawnSite Member

I have no complaints with my Toro z400 and the 7 gauge deck
  6. js.lawn

js.lawn LawnSite Member

Ferris IS1500z 5999. 48'' 21 hp
  7. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52" 23hp 6999.00
  8. js.lawn

js.lawn LawnSite Member

Ferris is2500x 52 25 hp 6999
  9. Landscape Maint.Services

Landscape Maint.Services LawnSite Member

I just paid 6700 out the door for my exmark its a lazer Zhp, 50'' inch with the 19 horse kawi on it.

I would check some other dealers for exmark and shop around. I got approved for the exmark credit card too so its 1.9percent for the first 2 two years and 79 a month.
  10. jathames

jathames LawnSite Member

TandM that 7 gauge deck is the Turbo Force deck without the bullnose and baffle system which is no good anyway if you are mulching. The tiger cub is not with a mulch kit or anything.. I have checked with the other scag dealers in the area.. and they are the same price:confused: