1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New ztr purchase

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wriken, Apr 9, 2003.

1. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Well I might be buying anther ztr, I have experience with a kaw engine, but am wondering about a 27 hp Kohler. I can get the same mower with a 25 kaw, or 27 Kohler, but have not heard much abot a 27 Kohler. Any truth to the fact that kaw's actually underrates their motor hp by 2 hp? What do you guys/girls think, I'm happy with my 23 kaw in my current 60"er, but just about everyone likes more power and was wondering what the torque values were of the 2 motors. Oh buy the way the new ztr will be a 60"er.

I also have been considering the zd-21 or 28, reason 0% for 3 years. But I have alot of blades etc for my current brand. And have been very happy with it.
  2. dforbes

dforbes LawnSite Member

I don't know a lot about kohler except I have one on my hydroseeder. It is a gas hogggggggggg.
  3. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

I think the Kohler 27 is rated at 42.7 for torque.
    The Kawi 23 is 39.8
    Not sure about the Kawi 25?
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

What mower are you running currently? If I were you, I'd go right into that dealer in Clare, and price the Lazer EPS. That fuel injection is hard to beat, man. EsPECially in gas savings, but I just like the smoothness, the torque, the throttle response, the quick, sure starts - especially in cold weather, the no carburetor hassles, the added power,...........etc.............;)
  5. wriken

I almost hate to mention on my brand of choice, hate to start something. But its a cub tank m-60 23 kaw. I like exmark also, but sort of had a run-in with a salemans there, but thats another story, matter of fact I think I talked about it on here once. wonder if exmark has any incentives going on now?
  6. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

buy a scag an get the 27 kawi liquid kooled an i tell ya you will own the best mower on the market for 7800 let me know!!
  7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

25hp Kawasaki....41.3 ft/lbs of torque

27hp Kohler....42.7 ft/lbs of torque

It's probably more of a matter of which brand you prefer I'd say.
  8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What Runner Said!! Since 99 All i Run.

img_0429 resized.jpg
  9. wriken

I'm going to be checking around today what the price on a Lazer EPS? Thanks
  10. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Believe me, its a typical work day for John:D

atlantec landscaping logo-small.jpg