1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New ZTR Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by victim, Jul 4, 2003.

1. victim

victim LawnSite Member

I recently picked up my first ZTR, a Scag Cougar. I really like the machine but I've noticed it has small hydraulic leak. I can see a fine coat of oil in the engine area and have noticed a small spot in my garage where it sits overnight. Is this the nature of dealing with the high pressure of hydraulics or should I take it back to the dealer for a fix. I haven't been able to pinpoint the leak myself.
  2. Of course, they should fix it. I don't know where the leak is, but lets say it's near the oil filter, or the air filter. Now all that spraying oil is going to collect dust, dirt, grass, whatever. And when it's time to do a simple filter change, you risk contaminating the oil or the carburetor. Of course, they should fix it.
  3. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

You must mean motor oil, Hydro oil should not be leaking up around the engine....No matter what the problem your dealer should fix this problem, no questions ask......Marks Mowing Service