1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

new ztr scag or exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Hayf, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Hayf

Hayf LawnSite Member

Looking to get a new ztr for the year. Have all exmark now, but they have the older decks which cut good.Read about the new lazer and everyone says don't cut as good as the old. I am in a toss up between scag tiger cat or turf tiger 61" or lazer z 60. Any one have experience with both? Going to have to demo I guess. Any opinions appreciated Thanks...

2. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

No experience on the new ones so my input is no help there but keep dealer support in mind when making your decision... Good luck I'm sure they are both good machines
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. arl250

arl250 LawnSite Senior Member

Scag I'm picking up a new turf tiger with the big block at the beginning of the week
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a 61in tiger cat with the 27 kawi. awesome mower great size. cuts awesome and plenty of power

5. mach14604

mach14604 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I have both of these machines on my trailer. There are night and day difference in machines. A lot has to do what you are using the machine for.

6. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Let's here the differences, and where and why you prefer one mower over the other, and in what situations?

7. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Subscribed
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Just get the Turf Tiger and be done. BB35 has everything you need and then some. Fuel is it's favorite drink. It loves the stuff. LOL

9. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing LawnSite Senior Member

I am picking up the exact same machine early next week. Can't wait to get it and try it out. Hoping you're right about quality. I just sold a 52" Wildcat with high hours. That thing cut great, I'm hoping the same from the Tiger Cat