new ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by russman, Feb 20, 2001.

1. russman

russman LawnSite Member

I have been looking at getting a ztr. I have looked at the Lesco, Exmark and Ferris. I have read the pros and cons for all of these. Which really cuts the best and what would be a good price on these. I am looking at a mower in the 60in range. This is a big investment and I don't want to say I wish I would have gotten something else or paid less instead (I know you always want to pay less)Thanks for your help.

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

dont buy lesco. its made by mtd and is junk. all the guys will tell you. i hear ferris is a good machine, but costly. id go with the exmark 60 inch. you cant get hurt. theres a million of them out there and i havent heard anyone say somehting bad about them

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I have not heard of one satisfied viper owner! dont get it! I would demo the ferris.. it is supposed to be a great machine. You cant go wrong with a lazer.... they have proven too be tough machines and give a exellent cut! Demo demo demo!

4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Being from NY myself,I see a lot of ransomes Bobcats.For the money I think they are your best investment.They cut great,are very ruggedly built,and hold up well.I bought a Dixie chopper last year,but if i had it to do over-Id buy the Bobcat or Toro/Exmark.I could have saved almost 3K by buying a ramsomes,instead.The dixie is slightly faster,but you really cant use the extra speed 80% of the time,when you can its still not worth 3K more.For the money-Id go with the 61"Bobcat,23hp kawi.Best bang for your buck IMHO.

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

eXmark will give you great quality and the manufacturer support is awesome.