1. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I am in the market for a new ztr, i have looked at scag tiger cubs, but i also want to compare other brands, Any suggestions? Also it has to have a 48in deck.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

eXmark and ferris ive heard good things about!

3. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

if you want to compare like mowers then I would recommend trying a hustler vs. the Scag. If your goal is simply to compare mowers then try any that are from dealers nearby you. Personally if I wanted to run comparisons on mowers I would want like machines, i.e. Ferris vs. Exmark, Toro vs. Deere, etc. I own 2 scags and if I were to switch brand loyalties for whatever reason, I would go with Hustler. JMO

4. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I like hustlers, but first: they do not make a ztr with a 48 in deck i belive, and second: there is no dealer close to me, the closest one is about 2 hours form here.
    Thanks, Joe

5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

You might want to take a look at the Ferris IS 1500. They are very nice machines and reasonably priced also.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

48" ZTR's besides Scag.....

Lesco/Cub Commercial M48 TANK
    Gravely PM148Z
    Lazer Z HP
    Country Clipper

7. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I looked at 52" Scag Tiger cub and a 52" Toro....went with the Toro because I like that dealer better. Both are good mowers. Ive been very pleased with the Toro.

8. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Demo a 52" Wright Stander.