New ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by oaktree59, Jan 3, 2008.

1. oaktree59

oaktree59 LawnSite Member

I need to get a new ZTR mower. I want to spend under $5000. I am mowing with Honda Commercial 21" right now.

2. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Hey, you are not to far from me. I would recommend a bad boy zt, while it is not full commercial grade, it puts alot of so-commercial to shame in a 36", 50"or, 60". I would personally come up with another thousand or so and go with the pup. 23hp vanguard or 30hp kohler with 48", 52", 60", or 72". www.badboymowers.com

3. SPENCER HUNTER

SPENCER HUNTER LawnSite Member

ever thought of hustler mower's those fast trac are at around 5 grand just talk to your dealer he might work up adeal for you,,my neighbor just got a 54 inch 20hp honda for $5100.00 they are rest/commercial type machines' something to look into,,,,,,duh !!! good luck...later,,,,

4. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I would get a used commercial ZTR before getting a new homeowner piece of crap. You could find LOTS of nice 500 hour mowers in your price range, and much less even.

5. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

Hey oaktree where are you located, I am guessing around oak tree??? I live in edmond also, but do most of my work in nw okc.

As far as your question, I would also look for a good used commercial, ferris, hustler, toro, grasshopper, or scag, they would be all good choices.

6. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Hey mr mow it all, do you know anyone around there who would want a 2008 722d? I have one really cheap, my friend just bought it, and now he is wanting to sell it. He rode my 28hp cat diesel, and has to have one. He would take $9999 for it, and I am coming up to the city on the 10th and could deliver for free. It only has about 170 hours on it, and doesn't have a scratch even on the deck! Oh, going back to the "homeowner" Bad Boy, it actually has a 7 guage deck, 7 guage frame construction and would come in under your $5000 range in the 36 50 or 60 inch deck. It would get you a brand new mower with all the warranties. It actually does'nt give it justice to call it a homeowner mower!

bb zt 2.jpg

7. Military Lawns

Military Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

There are so many mowers out there. Ultimately, it is going to come down to preference. However, keep searching the site and you will find some very knowledgeable professionals. However, true to what you are hearing. Please stick with a commercial mower. Some shops will not honor the warranty if you tell them that you are using it for commercial and it is a residential mower.

Good luck!

8. wall

wall LawnSite Member

Most here recommend a walk-behind and velkie/stand-on from a good local dealer as the next step. Don't get me wrong if you want a ZTR go buy what you want and pay for it. I would get a Scag or Exmark.

9. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

I'm guesing it is a 60", flip up deck?? I have a friend that has a pretty large company, I will ask him.

10. oaktree59

oaktree59 LawnSite Member

I live in Edmond and I used to work at Oak Tree C.C. Started in this biz full time this spring. Thanks for the help. I looked at a Ferris this summer are they any good.