New ZTR!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ryan41, Feb 15, 2013.

1. zmowingmaster

zmowingmaster LawnSite Member

nice looking mower.congrats

2. ryan41

ryan41 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks everyone! I am looking for a cheap lift so i can get underneath the deck to change blades/clean. Anybody use any of the mower lifts on the market?

3. Scagman 48

Scagman 48 LawnSite Senior Member

Mo-jack they have them at home depot now and i bought one and it is by far the safest mower lift ive ever used
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ryan41

I think my ZTR weighs like 1,200 pounds. I thought those are for lawn tractors?

5. dynogt16

dynogt16 LawnSite Member
    from INDIANA

Nice mower. May I ask what made you go with gravity? Most people around here go with exmark,scag, and kubota.

6. ryan41

I went to a landscape equipment trade show & have a good relationship with the area rep in Wisconsin. He gave me a great deal on this mower. But i just really like how they handle, durability, good quality cut, looks good & they are made in Wisconsin! Most guys around were i live run Gravely, Exmark or Cub Cadet Commercial.

7. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

With Gravely's customer service and quality they will be taking a big market share in the next 5 years or so. They already have in certain parts of the country. They are very big with companies that have large fleets and the government.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. dynogt16

dynogt16 LawnSite Member
    from INDIANA

Ill have to take a look at them. I have a little but never really read on them. We did consider exmark and hustler. But went with scag. Exmark wasn't totally convincing and hustler seemed way to heavy. So we went with scag. Thanks for the info.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Cant go wrong with Scag. I run Scag and Gravely. Scag has been very very good to me. Especially the velocity deck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. ryan41

Do you think i should get a striping kit for my Gravely? Or do they make stripes pretty good without one? If i do need one what kind should i get (hex roller or rubber flap)?