New

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by B&K LawnCare, Feb 22, 2006.

1. B&K LawnCare

B&K LawnCare LawnSite Member

I have been in the lawn mowing business for awhile and want to start irrigation is their a book i could buy. what equipment should I buy?

2. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

3. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

As far as books go you can't beat the "Turf Irrigation Manual" which is used by a lot of colleges in their irrigation courses and for a lot of study courses for certification. It's kind of technical but invaluable.

4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Its also out of print. So you'll have to buy a used copy.

5. BSME

from Midwest

6. BSME

from Midwest

that first link doesnt take you right there...

step one: click "certification exam references"

step two: click: "CIC: Certified Irrigation Contractor"

should be the second one down

7. I have one I don't want anymore..still got the price tag on it.

$25 bucks includes shipping in the lower 48

8. BSME

from Midwest

tony,
    I got a package from Scottsdale, AZ today from DerryBerry Irrigation Consulting... they sent me a book that I got from some hunter points...

Do you know anything about them? I'm just interested in what an irrigation consulting co. does.

9. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

They mostly do the complete design and often line up contractors to put the system in. In some cases it's like a glorified design company. A few years back our district had multi-purpose buildings put in at four sites and a consulting company out of Clovis came down to look things over. I had to meet with their guy to give him some ideas as to what was existing in the ground already. I was somewhat suspect when this consultant didn't even know what a swing joint was though. :laugh:

10. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Hmm... DerryBerry? Hey, I knew a Berry in Scottsdale. His name was Berry Goldwater, who I actually got to chat with.