1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Newbe here with first post

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Rick Daniel, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Rick Daniel

Rick Daniel LawnSite Member

Looking at starting a lawn care business doing lawn care on forclosed homes. Have spoke to several people involved in this type of business and all say that they are making big bucks. So many different things that need to be done to them that allows you to maxamise your income. Ga. is in the top 5 states in forclosed homes and with in 25 miles of my home there are almost 14,000 homes sitting. any feed back would be very helpful.

2. Get Some...

Get Some... LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

No opportunity to do that where I live, but that's a good thing.
  3. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

There is a lot of work available with foreclosed homes. I get calls monthly from national companies that want to sub me out. The problem is getting paid by them. Some here will tell you they have mastered getting paid and take 50 pictures at each property and fill out a mountain of paperwork. Most will tell you they are unable to get paid. Is it worth it? Maybe. I have not given it a try yet. But then again my mowing schedule is full.