Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mch181, Nov 10, 2005.

1. mch181

mch181 LawnSite Member

Hey guys. Next season im starting a lawn buissnes.i will have about 3 acres to mow. i need a new larger mower than my craftsman 21:realmad: !
    i need a walkbehind because i have all hills to mow. i want either a 36inch or 42 inch deck hydro with electric clutch and available sulky. i like the hustler
    walk behinds. can someone recomend some mowers out there? ps i already have trimmers/blowers/cleanup stuff.
  2. mch181

mch181 LawnSite Member

I also have been looking at ferris IS 1500Z. I would like to know the average prices for it. It looks like it will do the job for my customers because it goes 10mph! and it has susspension wich is a must!
  3. mch181

mch181 LawnSite Member

comon guys i need help! i want to get the decision settled!
  4. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

just my opionion but i like exmark my main mower is a metro 36 and it runs great. and the are pretty fair priced.
  5. 026TB4U

026TB4U LawnSite Member

I've seen people paying $5499 on this site. I paid $5599 for mine. That's for the 20hp/48".
  6. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with the Ex-Mark assessment. My Metro has provided me with excellent service for the past three years.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

If you have a lot of hills than stay with the hydro units.
    I use Exmark and Toro products and have good service from them.
    If you have 3 acres to mow I would get a big deck.
    Now about which unit to buy--- I am sure there are a lot of dealers around you. Go out and demo-demo-demo.
    Only you can decide which mower you will like.
    As far as performance, most name brand, commercial units will work well.
    But you have to shop.
  8. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

as pm said you need to demo mowers, but they are not going to let you leave with a mower at 15...... so you will need to get hellp from an adult