newbie at landscaping with landscape issues at home w/pics

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by rokinrandy, May 24, 2005.

1. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Actually rand, the six birches planted in groups of 3&3 would effectively block the view from the road.Don't foundation plant,bring the plantings out and away from the home .I tried to draw on the pic you have but did not save in the right format to send and post here.Will try again,also raise the planting areas up.I like rocks,just not a whole lot of small rocks,too busy looking and unsettling.

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

well I gave it a try .Not an artist enless it's real I guess. good luck rand. P.S. put the rocks all within the birches bases like a ground cover for them

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Holy Cow! Now, you talk about someone putting time and effort into helping someone out... Now THAT is consideration.

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

6. rokinrandy

rokinrandy LawnSite Member
    from nc

so lime is for yards with a high acid content?? this is very likely..would pine straw cause a high acidic content..the spots that are real bad are plagued by my neighbors pine straw..if not pine straw it's weeds...i like the pic ms. shovel :cool2: ..looks like i have some work to do this week end..or maybe a few week ends..i love it :blob3:

7. arkylady

arkylady LawnSite Member

In the aquarium hobby, many people use baking soda to adjust the pH level of their aquariums. No matter how much baking soda you put in, it will only raise the pH to a certain level which isn't overly alkaline (8.2 to be exact).

Since the nitrification process in a lawn is the same as an aquarium, I agree with what topsites is saying. Or at least the logic behind it :)

8. rokinrandy

from nc

ok i did a little picture on xp paint..the same pic yall referedto ont the thread starter..i shaded in the busy rocks..on this pic the the small bushes are not in uniform measurement but the pic gives the idea.. my wife fell in love with the flower box and the trlleace idea and loosing the rocks,she said she knows how to grow some roses..running roses run out of control down here..the big flat sided boulder from the boulder stricken bed i have will make a great water fall piece..ill buy a whiskey barrel cut in half and put in in front of the boulder and pump a water feature with a light hiden by some kind of flower or something. you will see the boulder in this xp pic but not the barrel because i am not a pc mouse painter..it is time consuming.we are not quite ready for the trees yet and we need access to the double gate on the side of the house for the truck.all of you guys rock and are great people,thanks for all this advice!!!! the file was to large just click this link and look at idea #80000000

9. rokinrandy

from nc

ok here it is i hope it is not so small you can not see it

idea #80000000.JPG 8x6.jpg

10. rokinrandy

from nc

dag on :dizzy: that should be big enough