Newbie!...Check Me Out!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sniggly, Jul 29, 2003.

1. sniggly

sniggly LawnSite Member

Just started the biz June 3rd of this year. I love it. Shoulda dunit sooner! I am an X corporate white collar junkie that got tired of being subjected to another's stupidity.

Bought the trailer used from a kid that used it to move....once. Bought the Metro HP from a guy in Savannah that 'thought' he wanted to do it but couldn't stand the heat. Less than 200 hours and paid 1100.00. All the sticks are Tanaka brand equipment and I am happy with them (9 regular service accounts of which 4 are on annual contract). I am really big on contracts. Good for customers that want their yards to look good year round.......good for me$.

Mounting the two stroke stuff was a dilemma. I wanted it up high enough to allow for a Z when I grow up but not so high as to fatique me a lot when it's late in the afternoon after a long day. There are no straps on any of the pieces except the top of the blower. By the way the mount in front of the blower is for a cooler. For the trimmer and the edger all you do is grab, twist, and lift it out. I made the mounts that way specifically so I didn't have to 'release' anything to get them out quick.

There's an Exmark grass catcher and attachement in the trailer but I never use it. The mower had the mulching kit on it when I got it and I like it. I think it may be slowing me down a little though. I might be able to go faster if I discharge.

Whaddayathink? Suggestions are welcome.....and 'beerzabein' served!

Wooooohoooooooo!

2. sniggly

sniggly LawnSite Member

Geeeeezzzzzzz

trailer.jpg

3. Live4Mowin'

Live4Mowin' LawnSite Member

Sniggly, how do you like your Metro HP?

4. sniggly

sniggly LawnSite Member

Weeeeeeeee...........

right inside trailer.jpg

5. sniggly

sniggly LawnSite Member

Love it!.....That thing can go pretty fast.....got the bigger tires than the Metro does.....and the floating deck..albeit on a 36 it's more of a convenience than anything.

left inside trailer.jpg

6. sniggly

sniggly LawnSite Member

Another.......

Tadaaaaaaa........

straight inside trailer.jpg

7. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice set up. I see a spray tank there you licensed?

8. Live4Mowin'

Live4Mowin' LawnSite Member

what year is your metro? it still has pistol grips.

9. sniggly

sniggly LawnSite Member

Not sure on the year of the mower.......but it's in wonderful shape. Still has ALL the tags on the frame and engine......just haven't read them except to record the serial number for insurance purposes.

Darn tootin I'm licensed. I lucky enough to have kept my tax returns from way back. In Florida you have to prove that you have worked in the business under a licensed professional for 3 years before your license can be issued. When I got out of the Navy I was hired on by a landscaping company in South Florida. The local Agricultural extension here offers courses too. All in all......good stuff. Hate that sprayer though. A new one will have to wait for now.

10. mrbenfer

mrbenfer LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Nice set up.

I started in late april of this year. You have it good for being new in the business. I've been pulling my equipment on a 5x10 trailer behind my 94 Ford Taurus "The Beast" . (You got to start somewhere)

Plan on getting a work truck next season.

P&P LawnCare*LandScape.