Newbie design up for review and suggestions

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by livingstons1, Sep 19, 2009.

1. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Netafim goes deeper.

Excavate, amend soil, netafim at 6ish inches, soil, sod. Spaced according to product used, appropriate to turf type.

We have it in a bunch of bluegrass here, it is great, and highly efficient.

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Generally I agree with this, except burial depth and spacing will be dependent on soil conditions. You don't necessarily have to excavate, but if you are going to amend the soil might as well.

3. livingstons1

livingstons1 LawnSite Member

For heavy clay soil, how deep would you recommend laying the Netafim. Any suggestions on which Netafim model to use and spacing?

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Doesn't Pro Contractor Studio 1 put a scale on a finished drawing? You kind of need that for it to make complete sense..

5. hamham

hamham LawnSite Member

I'm no expert, but here's what I see:

- Put a scale or some dimensions, as well as a north arrow on the drawing.

- I'd use all 1" pipe. There difference in cost is minimal from 3/4", gives you more flexibility, and makes all the fittings easier to manage if they're all the same size.

- Give more consideration to using sprays to get more and smaller zones so you can better accommodate hydrozones. For example, I can't believe that all of zone 3 will need the same amount of water each day.

- Put another head in the crotch on zone 2, and move the 360 head to plan south so you get head-to-head.

- Zone 3 needs another head at the midpoint along the driveway for head-to-head.

- Zone 1 doesn't seem to have any head-to-head coverage, I would start over.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I don't like making recommendations like this site unseen.

That said, if you do indeed have a heavy clay, then you can probably go to 6" depth safely, which BTW is the maximum recommended burial depth for TechlineCV.

Tubing -> TLCV26-18 with an 18" or 20" lateral spacing. You might be able to go to 22 - 24" on the lateral spacing, however I can't say with certainty without actually knowing the condition of the soil. Make sure when running your laterals that the emitters are staggered by 1/2 the emitter spacing.