newbie from ny

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by zfisher, Jan 31, 2013.

1. zfisher

zfisher LawnSite Member

Hey guys, Kinda new to the site! Joined awhile ago and never really posted much. But I have decide after my first year of being a complete failure in the lawn care bizz that maybe I could find a few pointers from the pros around here. Hope to learn a bunch from everyone here!:drinkup:

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey what's up man sorry to hear that. We're you solo:waving:

3. ygim

ygim LawnSite Senior Member

what made it a complete failure?

4. zfisher

zfisher LawnSite Member

Hey guys! Yes Joe I was solo, this is maybe my 3rd or 4th post and one of them had be about a helper. Every one said mow solo and Im glad I did or I would have been using scissors to mow!
    @YGIM I have no idea Why! I advertised in local papers and think I got 3 phone calls. I also hung almost 500 door hangers in the nicer neighborhoods and nothing not one call from them. The 3 phone calls I got all said I wanted to much, but also all complained about the current guy not doing a good job/not doing all the agreed work. I was working off the $60/per hr and pricing accordingly. the 3 yards were all over 1 acre each. I would bid any where from 60$-75$ on each depending on how much trim work there was.
    Where in NY r you guys from? I'm digging the names also,Very catchy!

5. ygim

ygim LawnSite Senior Member

Im in orange county. Just keep pushing through it. It will come together.

6. Landrus2

Longisland ny if you ever come down here we can go for lunch :waving:

7. zfisher

zfisher LawnSite Member

will do Joe!

8. zfisher

zfisher LawnSite Member

Your real close! Nice web site buy the way! When should start advertising again? Im thinking around mid March to run a add in the local paper again. Should I do the door hanger thing again? If you dont mind me asking how long did it take you too get off the ground?

9. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Bud, Hey guys... I am actually new as well, new to the forum and a new owner. Have been working in the business for just over 10 years now however.. It's nice to see some names that I recognize:Ygim and joesimoes2. I recognize you guys because i have been reading the threads for a long time off google... just never signed up but now that i am a owner, i feel it is very important. Are there many companies in your area zfisher?

10. Landrus2

Hey what's up man how's things up there are you plowing any snow. Down here we haven't gotten any good pushes yet:waving: