Newbie here Got a question on the Gravely 34Z

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Thunder53, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Thunder53

Thunder53 LawnSite Member

Hi Folks!! My first time posting here.I would like to know If any of you are using the Gravely 34Z mower? I have a 9yr old gravely Pro 150 WB with a 50" Deck. I just got started in the mowing Business.But most of my properties will be small lawns.I'm thinking about getting the gravely 34Z Just for the fact I can get it thru all the gates in the back yards. I was just wondering if anyone here has one and how they like it. Thanks for any Info :waving:

2. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

I like it so much, I am selling off my 2002 Gravely 36" proG to acquire a Z34.
    If you know anyone who wants a great walk behind, I'm asking $1650 as the machine has 340 very well maintained hours on it.
    Provided anyone else reads this-PM for further deatails, contact info.

3. Thunder53

Do you think it would do good in wet grass?More then likely I will get one.I think it would be great for me.Being I'm 50 yrs.old with bad knees :laugh: :laugh:

4. Patrick.B

Patrick.B LawnSite Senior Member

i know my buddy have 34z gravely and he's love his gravely ...i have a pm144z i bought four months ago and i love it too...i was looking at the Scag and dixiechopper before i bough the gravely ,,,most poeple in Louisiana have scag and gravely and dixe chopper ...dixe chopper and scag didn't have a 44 inch cut ..gravely been out since early 1900's just like everything else guys ,,,take good care of it and it will last you for long time ...I see most of the guys here riding around with a dirty mower and don't keep it clean ....that tells me they's not taking care of there equipment anyway hope the best with the gravely ,.,,,,

5. Patrick.B

Patrick.B LawnSite Senior Member

Thunder53.........i've try to cut when it raining and all it did made a mess ....and customer didn't like it ..so when it rain I say home and clean my equipment up and get it ready for when it not rainning ,,,,,,,i have a nursing home i do and i cut 6 aces in the back and land is pretty leavel so i cut it rain or shine ...Good Luck !!

6. rlc321

rlc321 LawnSite Member

I have had mine for 2 months and love it. It is not made for steep hills but if your yards are mostly flat its great. Mine has the mulching kit and I love it.

7. Doc_77

Doc_77 LawnSite Member
    from IL

i don't have one but i have heard nothing but good things about them. i honestly wish i bought one over my exmark !

8. Thunder53

Thanks for the Info. Looks like I will be picking one up soon:cool2: