Newbie here. Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mighty B's, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Mighty B's

Mighty B's LawnSite Member

Well that's initially. I am in no hurry to get a bunch of customers. I want to see what kind of reaction I get and how I can adjust this with my full time job. I rather take on a few clients and service them correctly than to get a bunch and mess up. It will be really hard for me to schedule for the same day. My schedule at work changes every 28 days. I can usually bid up or down but stay within a 15 or 16 day month. Any incentives or ideas I could offer? This is only temporary as more clients come in and I eventually hire someone.

2. pdreibels

pdreibels LawnSite Senior Member

I personally have found that you will get a mix of reactions/requests from customers when it comes to mowing on the same exact day each week. In my area its usually the elderly people with nothing else to do that expect you to be there on a specific day. I have 1 customer that expects me to mow every Monday and every Fri and I need to have to done between 830-10am(so she can let her dogs outside for the day) Otherwise alot just want it to look good especially for the weekend without real concern if its the same day
    Posted via Mobile Device