Newbie here !!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Phinc, May 3, 2008.

1. Phinc

Phinc LawnSite Member

Like the title says, just found this site lots of good info on here. Anyway i got a small side business here in Central Arkansas. Might someday get bigger but i got a steady job welding and fabricating so, gonna stick to it. Well see what happens. I got 8 jobs that I do every 2 weeks. It ain't much but it helps to have the extra cash. Gonna save as much as possible and maybe expand to a new mower by mid June (hopefully). Looking at either a Hustler, Bad Boy or Grass Hopper. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Paul

2. totallawncare25

totallawncare25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

exmark best mower out there

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Welcome to LawnSite! everyone seems to really like their Bad Boys (so far). Don't know too much about either Hustler or G.H. though. Do a search, you will find a days worth of reading on the machines you are looking at. good luck!

4. Raven386

from CT

Mine sure isn't :laugh:, its all a matter of opinion. I think Lesco w/b's are the best.

5. Phinc

Phinc LawnSite Member

10-4 on the search, It hurt my brain .....

6. totallawncare25

from TN

If you are only looking at those 3 mowers i would go with hustler. Also keep in mind that dealer support is very very important and how far they are from you matters too

7. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Pic one with good dealer support ! There some good suggestions.

8. Phinc

Phinc LawnSite Member

There is a Hustler/Exmark dealer 10 miles from me and he said the Hustler would be a better mower. Then again it was about 1500.00 more than the Exmark and he probably works off comission, so you know how that goes.

9. Raven386

from CT

ask to demo both mowers. see how they cut and everything.

10. totallawncare25

from TN

I bought a brand new exmark 60" triton 28hp kohler EFI with the suspension seat for 9700 bucks + tax. Hustler is a very good mower alot of mixed reviews on the XR7 deck in my area