Newbie needs desperate advice!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Dumas10, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Dumas10

Dumas10 LawnSite Member

Hey,
    I had some turf put in around 3-4 years ago and now it's dead to say the least. I mean theres moss growing everywhere, some places nothing grows and others a few patches left. I have more dandylions (sp?) then anything else. It's just plain sad. I have tried everything my local hardware store had suggested. Hell, my father even caught it on fire. Because of some stupid myth, I don't know. Do you guys have some suggestions or anything, even a 1-800 number I could call.

Thanks,
    JR

Also, NEWBIE! Can't wait to learn.

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like a shade problem. Plant myrtle.

3. Dumas10

Dumas10 LawnSite Member

What would that be?

JR

4. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

call a local professional and they will take care of it for you.

5. Dumas10

Dumas10 LawnSite Member

I would man, but I'm in a very small town in the north of Canda. The population is around 900, so there isn't anyone that could really help me on the subject in the area.

Thanks,
    JR

6. EdTLawn

EdTLawn LawnSite Member

Please provide a photo so we can access your current lawn

7. Rob.C

Rob.C LawnSite Member

You stated moss, well u have acidic soil condition, plan on putting some lime down in the fall, I would have a soil test done, for us to realy help u we need pics, it could be 1000 things need more info.

8. thomsoutdoor

thomsoutdoor LawnSite Platinum Member

Everything Rob C said but I would add that also sounds like bad drainage. At least down here when we have a moss problem it usually means bad drainage along with ph and to much shade.