Newbie needs help with first estimate of his first year

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rhatala, Feb 4, 2007.

1. rhatala

rhatala LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Need some advice from the experienced professionals. I just got a call today about a rock install and was wondering How many tons I would need? How many hours it would take? and How much to charge for this install? Sorry for so many questions but this is my first estimate of my first year and want to make sure I am on point for pricing. The drive way is 40'x55' and the stone I would assume needs to be 2" deep since I am covering rock thats already down. The stone the customer wants is 3/4" driveway rock. If you need any more information please let me know.

2. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Call the place you are getting the rock from and ask them. Sorry I cant help but give them the sizes and they will tell you what you need. Have them deliver it and mark up the costs by 10-20%. Then its up to you decide how long it will take depending on the equipment you have.

3. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

The blower truck company I work for might be able to help you with this job, if you like. We'll come and install the material, you just write a check and relax.

4. okeefl

okeefl LawnSite Member

I came up with 13.6 cubic yards or 366.7 cubic feet...I can't help you with the tonage for this material, however I'm sure the supplier would be able to tell you that info.

5. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Hey Bro,

If you get stuck with something and you need a hand. Design, consulting, etc. there is a guy in our area that can be of great assistance. He is actually on this site, but I do not see him on here that often. He goes by Dreams to Designs, which is also his company name. He can be very helpful and he is a cool dude. Just look him up and PM him. Let him know that I sent ya.

6. rhatala

rhatala LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Thanks for all the help guys

7. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

HEY you stole my name.