Newbie needs ideas on locating customer contracts

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by MGClay, Jun 19, 2005.

1. MGClay

MGClay LawnSite Member

Newbie here and first posting, so please don't scare me off......where or how would I locate Landscaping Customer Contracts????? And ideas would be GREATLY appreciated....

2. Varick

Varick LawnSite Member

This is just an idea...
    Make a flyer on your computer for the services you offer. Be sure to include your name and phone number. Go to a place that you can make copies cheap and run off a few hundred. Then target an area that would be likely to hire a landscaper. Put the flyers in their Newspaper boxes, do not put it in the mail box (illegal). All it should take is one person to call, and if you do professional quality work, hang on because you will get busy.
    That is how I started my business. I never ran ad in any newspaper. Word of mouth is the best advertisment. Hope this helps.

3. hesscapes

hesscapes LawnSite Member

Welcome :)
    I'm a newbie as well. Just getting started! Going out today with flyers. Anotehr member posted to me that you can tape them to mailbox posts. Just thought I would pass that along!
    Good Luck

4. MGClay

MGClay LawnSite Member

I'm having lots of interest in my landscaping and it's keeping me really busy, but I think I need contract agreements with customers. Even the best of friends can misunderstand things. And I just want to not make any mistakes....getting started. In have made an outline of steps that I would like to follow with a new customer before actually starting the work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

5. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not a newbie to the industry but I would like to go into a bit more landscaping/construction side instead of the maintenance side. It seems to me like I might just talk to a reputable builder and try to work with him (let him make some money on my work / give him incentive to let me do the landscaping). I will do this till I have enough of my own work.

6. Lnd Svyr

Lnd Svyr LawnSite Member

Do a search. I got one here by download. Good luck.