1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Newbie question for the Pros

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Kaizen28, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Kaizen28

Kaizen28 LawnSite Member

Firstly, a huge thank you to all who contribute to this forum. It has proved to be invaluable reading and has put the brakes on numerous projects in favor of gaining a better understanding before moving forward.

I have the following two questions for a very moderately priced home:
    1) In your experience does adding landscape lighting add to the value of a home?
    2) Living in a sunny part of the USA I had hoped to use solar power but comments about what is currently available has discouraged me. Is there any energy conscious / efficient way of implementing landscape lighting?

Thanks once again to all.

2. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

I hope this answers your questions.

Good luck with your project.
  3. Kaizen28

Kaizen28 LawnSite Member

Hi Paul

Thanks for the feedback! I'd really hoped that LEDs had reached a point where you folk were recommending them but it seems not to be the case.

I gues it's time for me to do more research and find a good installer - not to mention a decent design. I'm absolutely hopeless and get suckered by the "lots of pretty lights" in the advertising pictures.

Lighting a home to look like a Christmas tree has its place but it's not the look I'm going for. ;)

Thanks again!
  4. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Here is someone to contact in your state.

John Garner
    Southern Lights
    PO Box 17202
    Raleigh , NC 27619
    Phone: (919) 755-0380
    FAX: (919) 833-5087
    E-Mail: Havalite4U@aol.com